- We strive to provide complete health care for our patients. Learn more about the many services we can provide you.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
1. Bleakley CM, McDonough SM, MacAuley DC. Some conservative strategies are effective when added to controlled mobilisation with external support after acute ankle sprain: a systematic review. Aust J Physiother. 2008;54(1):7-20.
2. Coetzer D, Brantingham J, Nook B. The relative effectiveness of piroxicam compared to manipulation in the treatment of acute grades 1 and 2 inversion ankle sprains. Journal of the Neuromusculoskeletal System. 2001;9(1):1-12.
3. Dalton JD, Schweinle JE. Randomized controlled noninferiority trial to compare extended release acetaminophen and ibuprofen for the treatment of ankle sprains. Ann Emerg Med. 2006;48(5):615-23.
4. Hewitt DJ, Todd KH, Xiang J, Jordan DM, Rosenthal NR. Tramadol/acetaminophen and hydrocodone/acetaminophen for the treatment of ankle sprain: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Ann Emerg Med. 2007;49(4):468-80, 480.e1-2.
5. Ivins D. Acute ankle sprain: an update. Am Fam Physician. 2006;74(10):1714-20.
6. Koll R, Buhr M, Dieter R, et al. Efficacy and tolerance of a comfrey root extract (Extr. Rad. Symphyti) in the treatment of ankle distorsions: results of a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study. Phytomedicine. 2004;11:470-7.
7. Lathia AT, Jung SM, Chen LX. Efficacy of acupuncture as a treatment for chronic shoulder pain. J Altern Complement Med. 2009 Jun;15(6):613-8.
8. McGuine TA, Keene JS. The effect of a balance training program on the risk of ankle sprains in high school athletes. Am J Sports Med. 2006;34(7):1103-11.
9. Milgrom C, Radeva-Petrova DR, Finestone A, Nyska M, Mendelson S, Benjuya N, Simkin A, Burr D. The effect of muscle fatigue on in vivo tibial strains. J Biomech. 2007;40(4):845-50.
10. Park J, Hahn S, Park JY, Park HJ, Lee H. Acupuncture for ankle sprain: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:55.
11. Predel HG, Hamelsky S, Gold M, Giannetti B. Efficacy and safety of diclofenac diethylamine 2.32% gel in acute ankle sprain. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2012;44(9):1629-36.
12. Schneider C, Schneider B, Hanisch J, van Haselen R. The role of a homeopathic preparation compared with conventional therapy in the treatment of injuries: An observational cohort study. Complement Ther Med. 2008;16(1):22-7.
13. Schwarzkopf R, Oron A, Loebenberg M. Shoulder pain: assessment, diagnosis and treatment of common problems. Harefuah. 2008;147(1):71-6, 93.
14. Solomonow M. Ligaments: a source of musculoskeletal disorders. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2009 Apr;13(2):136-54. Review.
15. Suhr A, Muckley T, Hofmann GO, Spahn G. Therapy of acute ankle sprain: one-year results of primary conservative treatment. Sportverletz Sportschaden. 2012;26(1):39-44.
16. van den Bekerom MP et al. What is the evidence for rest, ice compression, and elevation therapy in the treatment of ankle sprains in adults? J Athl Train. 2012;47(4):435-43.
|Monday||8am - NN||2pm - 6pm|
|Tuesday||By Appt||By Appt|
|Wednesday||8am - NN||2pm - 6pm|
|Thursday||By Appt||2pm - 6pm|
|Friday||8am - NN||By Appt|
|Saturday||By Appt||By Appt|
|Sunday||By Appt||By Appt|
|8am - NN||By Appt||8am - NN||By Appt||8am - NN||By Appt||By Appt|
|2pm - 6pm||By Appt||2pm - 6pm||2pm - 6pm||By Appt||By Appt||By Appt|
I have been a patient of Dr. Pisarek for a few years now. Every morning I have to say "thank you Dr. P.!". Your care and your treatment renew my energy... no more pains in my lower back, knee and foot. With your help I lost 20 pounds and I am keeping it off. I am really grateful to you and your wife Hilda for taking care of me. My retirement got a new meaning, thanks to you.