- We strive to provide complete health care for our patients. Learn more about the many services we can provide you.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Regular chiropractic care is an integral part of the prenatal and postpartum care during pregnancy. It helps keep mom feeling good and assists her in coping with the physical stresses of an ever changing body:
1. Neuromuscular and Biochemical Changes During Pregnancy
2. Chiropractic Treatment of the Neuromuscular and Biochemical Problems
3. Frequently Asked Questions
4. Chiropractic and Pregnancy Scientific Studies
1. Neuromuscular and Biochemical Changes During Pregnancy:
During pregnancy, most women experience a number of neuromuscular and biochemical problems which respond favorably to gentle, safe, noninvasive chiropractic care. These include:
1. Release of the hormone relaxin causes muscle and ligament relaxation:
2. Increased weight gain:
3. Change in weight distribution:
2. Chiropractic Treatment of the Neuromuscular and Biochemical Problems:
Doctors of chiropractic can alleviate the uncomfortable symptoms arising from the muscular, ligamentous, and biomechanical stresses encountered during pregnancy. We accomplish this through the use of a number of highly specialized procedures and techniques:
Gentle Spinal Adjustive Procedures - specifically designed for use in the pregnant female
- assist in maintaining a spine free from vertebral misalignments and fixations - optimizing spinal biomechanics
- keep pelvis and spine in correct position/posture
- assist in pain relief by (1) reflexively reducing pain levels, and (2) reducing spinal and pelvic stresses which produce soft tissue pain
- keep tissues and biomechanics functioning optimally to minimize complications during birth
Therapeutic Exercises and Stretches - safe for use during pregnancy
- keep spinal musculature strong, balanced, and pain-free
- enable spinal muscles to maintain the spine and body in a neutral, correct posture
- keep mom active and mobile
Soft Tissue Work - massage, trigger point work, soft tissue mobilization, etc.
- keep muscles relaxed and flexible
- reduces bouts of muscle aches and pains
- reduces spinal stress
Dietary and Nutritional Counseling - unique to the pregnant mother
- prevent neural tube and other birth defects
- increase the chances for a healthy baby
- assist the mother in maintaining optimal energy levels
- keep mother happy and healthy during stressful periods
General Pregnancy Information - general info on pregnancy
- answer mother's questions
- improve mother's health
- optimize birthing process
- enhance baby's health
3. Frequently Asked Questions:
4. Chiropractic and Pregnancy Scientific Studies:
1. Low Back Pain During Pregnancy: In this study, researchers identified the sacroiliac joints of the pelvis (frequently "adjusted" by chiropractors) as being responsible for the majority of low back pain cases in pregnancy. This is due to the significant number of hormonal and biomechanical changes occurring in the pelvis during pregnancy. Researchers found 7/10 women were helped by spinal manipulation in this study.
1. Bery G, Hammar M, Moller-Nielsen J et al. Obstet and Gynecol, 72:71-75, 1988.
2. TextBook on Chiropractic & Pregnancy: According to Dr. Fallon, author and internationally recognized "chiropractic pediatrician", statistics from her office "have demonstrated that chiropractic adjustments effectively reduce the average amount of time spent in labour." Her data shows a nearly 25% reduction in the average labour times in those receiving chiropractic care versus the generally accepted average labour time - in women who had given birth in the past, there was a 33% reduction in average labor time.
1. Fallon J. International Chiropractic Association. 1994 - Arlington, Virginia.
3. Italian Study on Chiropractic & Pregnancy: Postpartum pain was relieved in 90 of 120 patients who received chiropractic adjustments.
|Monday||8am - NN||2pm - 6pm|
|Tuesday||By Appt||By Appt|
|Wednesday||8am - NN||2pm - 6pm|
|Thursday||By Appt||2pm - 6pm|
|Friday||8am - NN||By Appt|
|Saturday||By Appt||By Appt|
|Sunday||By Appt||By Appt|
|8am - NN||By Appt||8am - NN||By Appt||8am - NN||By Appt||By Appt|
|2pm - 6pm||By Appt||2pm - 6pm||2pm - 6pm||By Appt||By Appt||By Appt|
I have been a patient of Dr. Pisarek for a few years now. Every morning I have to say "thank you Dr. P.!". Your care and your treatment renew my energy... no more pains in my lower back, knee and foot. With your help I lost 20 pounds and I am keeping it off. I am really grateful to you and your wife Hilda for taking care of me. My retirement got a new meaning, thanks to you.