- We strive to provide complete health care for our patients. Learn more about the many services we can provide you.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
The following is a description of what physicians can expect if they refer their patients (both children and adults) to Dr. Pisarek:
(NB - Most of our services may be covered by extended health insurance plans in Ontario)
1. A Thorough Assessment – A full clinical history, chiropractic musculo-skeletal physical examination, clinical impression/working diagnosis and report of findings (results) provided to the patient;
2. Referral Out for Radiology Imaging – Based on the patient's consultation and assessment, Dr. Pisarek may prescribe HD digital radiology (technical component to take x-rays is covered by OHIP). If necessary, according to standard guidelines (Canadian C-spine rules, Ottawa ankle rules, etc.), if diagnostic ultrasound, MRI or CT testing may be required, Dr. Pisarek will discuss this with the patient and refer the patient back to their physician for an assessment for determine if this type of diagnostic testing is appropriate to be requisitioned;
3. Informed Consent to Treatment – Including treatment options, goals, risks and prognosis;
4. Multi-Modal Therapy – Manual and physical therapies including therapeutic ultrasound, low-level laser (LLLT), IFC/EMS/TENS, needle-insertion acupuncture, traction, soft-tissue techniques, and, Kinesio Taping (KT) are all applied with an evidence-based approach. We also offer: motor vehicle rehabilitation for children and adults; a laser acupuncture smoking cessation program (72% success rate); and the ChiroThin weight/fat loss program;
5. Emphasis on Active Care, Lifestyle Modification and Wellness - Active care is an integral part of all treatment plans. Dr. Pisarek positively motivates patients and tries to get them to also take responsibility for their own health and outcomes. This may include, but not limited to: self-directed stretching and strengthening exercises; advice on proper eating habits and food intake diets; advice on nutraceuticals (vitamins, minerals, etc.); patient (child and adult) health education including ergonomics; rest and sleep; footwear; recreational time and hobbies; personal hygiene, etc.;
6. Outcomes-Based Therapy – Subjective and objective measures used regularly throughout all treatment plans to monitor therapeutic efficacy;
7. MD Communication – Appropriate clinical notes sent to the referring physician;
8. Referral Back – Patients are directed back to their referring practitioner if there is no improvement progress, contraindications to chiropractic care or previously undiagnosed pathologies are found.
|Monday||8am - NN||2pm - 6pm|
|Tuesday||By Appt||By Appt|
|Wednesday||8am - NN||2pm - 6pm|
|Thursday||By Appt||2pm - 6pm|
|Friday||8am - NN||By Appt|
|Saturday||By Appt||By Appt|
|Sunday||By Appt||By Appt|
|8am - NN||By Appt||8am - NN||By Appt||8am - NN||By Appt||By Appt|
|2pm - 6pm||By Appt||2pm - 6pm||2pm - 6pm||By Appt||By Appt||By Appt|
I have been a patient of Dr. Pisarek for a few years now. Every morning I have to say "thank you Dr. P.!". Your care and your treatment renew my energy... no more pains in my lower back, knee and foot. With your help I lost 20 pounds and I am keeping it off. I am really grateful to you and your wife Hilda for taking care of me. My retirement got a new meaning, thanks to you.