Medical Gradient Compression
Hosiery: Do I Need Them?
- I have great legs but my ankles swell by the end of the day!
- I have big tortuous varicose veins all over my legs!
- I'm an expectant mom... my legs, ankles and feet hurt and swell!
- My legs and ankles swell when I fly (in an airplane)
- I am over 40 and my legs/ankles seem to be swelling!
- I have a history of deep vein thrombosis
- I have diabetes. Can compression stockings save my legs?
- I sit all day at work, and by the end of the day my legs are swollen!
- I have been told that I need compression stockings!
If you fall into one of the above categories, you may be a candidate for Gradient Compression Hosiery, or Compression Stockings.
How do you know?...
- if your legs, ankles and feet swell
- your calves ache, and your feet and legs are tired, aching and fatigued
- you have varicose veins or spider veins
- you sit or stand for long periods of time
- over 40 years old
- have a history of DVT's or blood clots in your legs
- are diabetic
- are an expectant mother
- you want to prevent vein problems
- have a family history of vein disorders
- have been diagnosed with chronic venous insufficiency or lymphoedemasituations requiring enhanced blood flow or compression in the legs (muscle injury, sprains, strains)
- are receiving cancer treatments
- are travellers
- Additionally, many individuals without preceding conditions simply appreciate wearing gradient compression hosiery and love the way it makes their legs feel!
... You might be a candidate.
How can gradient compression stockings help?
- Deliver a controlled amount of pressure to the legs
- Support the venous and lymphatic system and prevent poor circulation
- Promote better venous blood flow which in turn helps prevent and control vein-related diseases
Most extended health insurance plans cover gradient compression stockings on the prescription of a chiropractor or your doctor, often covering the cost of multiple pairs per year. The price of compression hosiery varies depending on the amount of compression and the type of sock/stocking. Please check your insurance policy details and contact us if you have any questions.
Advanced Healthcare is a distributor of Jobst - Medical Gradient Compression Hosiery. We will measure your legs and provide you with excellent selection and value.
Please email (click here) or call Advanced Healthcare today at (416) 633-3000 to make an appointment with Dr. Pisarek for your evaluation.
Please note: It is always recommended to consult your health care professional, like Dr. Pisarek, to determine the appropriate medical gradient hosiery and compression for your needs.